Gardening

Gardening
communtiy garden in Brooklyn

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hash brown sweet potatoes!

I recently made hash browns using shredded potatoes from a bag. Pure laziness! Still tasty, but unnecessary and overpriced to buy them pre-shredded. Went to the grocery and bought myself a mondo sized sweet potato. Took about a minute to shred it and several minutes later, I had the tastiest hash browns of my life. No need to peel that sweet potato, just shred it, heat some oil in a pan, and let those sugars caramelize to delicious goodness! The trick to really getting those potatoes to brown is to put a lid on the skillet and let them brown, then flip the potatoes, put the lid back on and let them brown on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. i've always had trouble with my HBs getting mushy because i was stirring them on the skillet--good to know! just flip the whole thing...

    ReplyDelete